We, at Next Gen, strongly advocate that children’s innate creative potential, through certain learning processes, can be nurtured, encouraged and augmented. So strong is our belief that we have made innovation and creativity one of our 5 I’s life skills (Inspiration; Ideation and problem solving; Interaction and collaboration; Innovation and creativity; and Initiative) basic to success in our increasingly global and complex world. Children, however, need an environment in which their creativity can thrive. We strive to provide that environment, by creating fun, active learning opportunities that we believe are instrumental in unlocking creativity and innovation.
Our programs include, among other activities:
- brainstorming and other interactive and collaborative techniques to assist children in their ability to empathize and create innovative ideas;
- roleplaying to unbridle their creative talents, open them to diverse perspectives and help them be flexible and understand team values in order for them to make better decisions and achieve greater successes;
- movement to free their creative and innovative natural abilities so that they feel comfortable in taking the initiative;
- storytelling to inspire the children and familiarize them with those whose shoulders on which they stand and to create a path for them to interact with the past and present as they seek to forge their future;
- team and group decision-making to further the concepts that two minds working together are an inspiration to each other creating superior and more innovative ideas and an environment in which failure is okay; and
- videotaping of a pitch the children produce to attract start-up capital and investment while enhancing their self-esteem and self-expression.
Please send us your thoughts. Contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Visit our Archives or Join the Conversation‘s pull down page(s) to engage in additional conversations.